Tuesday, August 4, 2009

#10 Ning

This was a fun experience. I went to the ALA network and watched the Open Source video but what I liked better was the "I've Been Everywhere" video with Johnny Cash's song in the background. What a hoot! I loved seeing all of those ALA bulletins and journal covers throughout the years.

I also found a TWU SLIS group which led me to an Alumni group for TWU SLIS graduates. This was totally cool as I couldn't find anything like this on Facebook. So Ning has social networks that Facebook doesn't and vice versa. I also liked that you could look at the network without joining Ning.

I did a search for women's health and found a few good networks for women's fittness over 40 which was neat. I had no idea anything like this existed in the 2.0 world.

The Ning tutorial was pretty informative and I really think the content on Ning is very user friendly. I opted out of joining Ning this time as I think Facebook will be enough for me to keep track as far as time is concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment