Tuesday, August 4, 2009

#11 Instant Messenging

I have a Yahoo account so I went right to the chat feature and added some friends but no luck in getting a chat together. It's kind of hit and miss if people are at their computer. I used to chat quite a bit but found that texting via cell phones has become more popular with the students and my own family.

I noticed that Yahoo Messenger does have a couple of new features where you can chat on your Mobile phone and you can save a history of your chat messages which is cool.

We are not allowed to text at school but I think this would be a great feature for faculty to be able to text me when they needed something immediately. I will definitely bring this to the attention of my library director.

As far as the list of shortcuts, well it was exhausting! Don't think I will spend alot of time studying it but it's nice to know there is such a large list.

I have chosen not to give my Yahoo User ID here on this blog for privacy reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment