Saturday, August 8, 2009

#17 LibWorm

I really enjoyed this thing. LibWorm is a very handy search tool to find library RSS Feeds. By keyword, I searched Urban Fiction and Young Adult Literature. I got thousands of results. I then searched by Feed Categories and found School Libraries on the list. I found a very interesting MTV Blog that informed me that President Barack Obama's daughters are reading the Twilight series. When I searched videos under the subjects I found the same MTV blog. There are cross postings betweem topics.

When I used "faculty collaboration" in the exact phrase search, I got a lot of results and read a very informative blog on how to incorporate lessons with teachers. I enjoyed using all of these different methods to search but liked keyword the best.

I know I will use this tool again to find resources and I may possibly subscribe to a feed with my Google Reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment