Monday, August 10, 2009

#22 Developing Your Own 23 Things

I have thought how I could implement this at my school. Most of the staff are not librarians but teachers so the "things" would help them implement these tools with our students. I went through the list of 23 Things and I would have them do at least 10 of the things plus I would add a book trailer thing. I would have them set up a blog just like 23 Things did and then post their projects to their blog. Our Library Director did something similar and we had 6 lessons to work through each resulting in a project. We did Google Docs, Shelfari, Animoto, Creative Commons, Delicious, and Podcasting. The projects were ones I could use with our students. I know this can be adapted to a school environment very easily. Is it possible to copy some of the 23 Things Lessons so I won't have to reinvent the wheel?

Our students are already using these Web 2.0 tools so it is very important that we as librarians become proficient in using them. Our reading teachers are wanting our students to blog their responses to books they've read. These type of assignments help engage the students and promote critical thinking. So to the teachers I day Web 2.0 ready or not, here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment