Monday, August 10, 2009

#23 Reflection-

This was an incredible experience. It was fun and very worthwhile.
My most favorite thing was creating a Wiki. I didn't know anything about Wikis or how to create one but it was interesting to see the heirarchy of the pages. My least favorite thing was Instant Messaging because I just used my Yahoo account but no one was on the computer when I was to instant message. I think most of the students use texting instead.

The most challenging thing was Facebook. It was the most time consuming thing for me and I feel like I have only scraped the surface to maneuvering around it. However for me it was a worthwhile experience because I really needed to get my page set up and this gave me an excuse to do it.

I learned that if I have the time, I can pretty much figure out what to do on all of these things but the real test comes in using the 2.0 tool. This really boosted my self esteem and I was exposed to many tools such as Ning and Library Thing that I never knew existed.

I will definitely have the reading teachers in my school set up a blog for their students to post comments to. I will also use the Image generators and bookmark in Delicious more often. Now I understand RSS feeds alot better and will check my Google reader frequently. This was a worthwhile project and I will use the technology I learned.

Another aspect I really liked was having a mentor. Any time I had a question, my mentor responded very quickly so I didnot feel alone. I also enjoyed the comments posted after each thing and this sometimes provided helpful tips when completing that thing.

Thanks to all who rounded up the resources for this project and I'm sure there will be more Web 2.0 tools to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment